CS 347: Lab 18 – Acrostic
Welcome to lab. Now’s your chance to apply the ideas you read about. Find a partner and complete as much of the task below as you can. At the end of our time together, paste your files into Crowdsource in order to receive credit.
Reverse engineer the following app using React:
Follow these guidelines in your solution:
- Use just two components: the existing
Appcomponent and a new component named
Rowcomponent is responsible for a single row of the acrostic.
Appcomponent is responsible for the theme input, the clear button, and a collection of
Appmanages a single piece of state: the theme of the acrostic.
- Match the style, but only after the core functionality is in place.
Make sure there are no errors in the console.
The next step of your learning is to complete the following tasks:
- Fix up any issues that your peers identified by the end of tonight.
- Read the chapter Centralized State in All Over the Web. Be sure to follow along with the code samples. Recreate each exercise yourself.
- Research some aspect of web development on your own. Find articles and videos beyond what’s assigned. Summarize what you learn in a couple paragraphs of your own words and a snippet of source code in your next blog entry before Friday morning. Clearly put the date of the blog entry on your index page. If any of the requirements is not met, you will not receive full credit.
See you next time.